The World Armwrestling Federation (WAF) reports that the sample of following athletes has returned an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) in connection with the 2019 World Armwrestling & Para-Armwrestling Championship and out-of-competition testing for 2019.
As a consequence, the following athletes are provisionally suspended in view of a potential anti-doping rule violation:
1. Alpyspayev, Talgat – Kazakhstan
2. Basaran, Tuncay – Turkey
3. Dos Santos, Rosemary – Brazil
4. Merritt, Kody Spur – United States
5. Mucha, Michael – Germany
6. Stepanov, Vladimir – Russia
7. Thottipparmbil Saleena, Asifali – India
In any case where it is determined that the athlete did not commit an anti-doping rule violation, the relevant decision will also be published.
The WAF will not make any further comments on the case until it is closed.
WAF Anti-Doping Control Commission